Create a Stunning and Luxurious Master Bedroom on a Budget
SHOP THIS POST
1. Choose your style & palette first.
– Before you go any further, set a direction for yourself! Look through different interior design styles and choose the one (or the mix) that you like the most.
– Create a new board and collect pictures of furniture and objects you love. Then select the color palette you will use, choosing colors you like and you will not get bored of. In other words, you need to decide what you want your home to look like!
– Though painting is the cheapest investment you can make, it’s also the one with the most dramatic result.
And you can Do It Yourself.
3. “Small details make a big difference”
– This is totally true and it’s also one of the best interior design tips!
Master bedroom above; just by replacing the old wood closet doors with mirrors made the room look bigger, brighter and more luxurious. Or, you can paint the closet doors which will give a whole new character to the space with a relatively low expense.
– A small thing like changing the handles of your doors and knobs of your dressers to something that complements your style can transform the look of your furniture and the entire room from average to wow!
4. Create a focal point.
– Walls are one of the biggest surfaces in a room and have the potential to make a big difference in a design. There are plenty of inexpensive alternatives, Art; I reframed my own paintings and hanged them on both sides of the bed Headboard to make the wall look taller and more interesting. A good wall décor will immediately add character to the space and create a beautiful feature, so it may be all you need to spruce up a room.
The frames were only $25 each from HomeGoods.
5. Lighting is key.
– Always start with overhead lighting, which is good to light up the room in general. I got a beautiful crystal chandelier on Overstock for under $200. Then I added 2 table lamps. They will give you a spot to comfortably read and write or, by switching the general lighting off, they’ll create a softer ambiance for the evening.
6. Reuse what you already own.
– Refurbishing existing pieces is the best way to do some inexpensive decorating.
7. Look for Less-Than-Perfect merchandise.
– You may be able to snag super deals on slightly damaged items (furniture, lamps…), floor models or “as is” items. Chances are, no one but you will be any the wiser, and you’ll save big bucks.
8. Window Treatments.
– Hang your drapery panels wider and higher than the actual dimensions of the window. You’ll create the illusion of a bigger window and make your room feel larger and more grand. Ikea has a great selection of window treatments in all heights and they are affordable.
9. Create a beautiful and comfortable bed.
– We spend about a third of our lives sleeping. When you spend this much time in bed it’s worth your while to make it as pleasant and as comfortable as possible. I love simple white 100% cotton bed linens; cotton allows air to flow and keeps your body more comfortable through the night. HomeGoods has a large selection of good quality duvet cover, blankets and bedlinens…
Creating a beautiful and comfortable bed is just a matter of a few good choices.